BEAUTIFUL SEARCHES

Welcome! You are just in time for the official move to www.prettyandfabulous.com !


I am very excited to bring you the latest now from my very own site. The move will be a quick one, but in the meantime you can watch as the updates flow in at full speed.

Now is a great time to see the posts you may have missed as well as to be ready for the new ones to come! (the latest in updates have already begun!)

See you there soon ;)

Pretty And Fabulous

Pretty And Fabulous
Follow Me Over To Pretty And Fabulous!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Not Looking So Pretty, Ike

Ick.iCK.IcK. So when I left Miami I am not so sure what I gained, lol. Oh well, at least I know the routine I suppose. I like where I am anyway.

Ike is huge, but at least it looks like it is moving quickly and will be over and done with fairly soon. Much water expected and *probably* no electricity for a bit. I'm prepared for it.

I remember Wilma in Miami (though we didn't get any recognition- its okay, we know how to take care of ourselves). No power for over three weeks, lovely. Didn't have gas either which meant cold showers for the most part.

The first day after the storm was fun- grilling steaks with the neighbors and neighboring restaurants, cool fresh weather, and an all around friendly attitude to help each other out. Great way to get things back in order.

It was the second week it started to get old, you know when you haven't had any produce, meat, or other non perishable item in days and the battery charge of your laptop and other items have run out.

By no means do I feel light about it- its dangerous and causes severe destruction. But how you handle it can be controlled. The photo above was in my neighborhood in Miami; there was this large tree in front of our home that came crashing down and just missed our car. You cannot see it in this photo (all you would see is leaves and branches anyway) but you can definitely get the feel and see smaller trees that also fell. Our home was down the street and on the other side of the road from this photo. There were cars on top of cars, gas station roofs peeled back like food cans, and downtown was nothing but glass. I have a whole new respect for my building!

Well here we go again. I'll let you know how this one goes. Much love and safety to those in Ike's path.

No comments: