BEAUTIFUL SEARCHES

Welcome! You are just in time for the official move to www.prettyandfabulous.com !


I am very excited to bring you the latest now from my very own site. The move will be a quick one, but in the meantime you can watch as the updates flow in at full speed.

Now is a great time to see the posts you may have missed as well as to be ready for the new ones to come! (the latest in updates have already begun!)

See you there soon ;)

Pretty And Fabulous

Pretty And Fabulous
Follow Me Over To Pretty And Fabulous!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Playing Game Pieces As Fashion Accessories

Such a cool little find that speaks for itself as a fashion statement; a mahjong (or mah jong if you prefer) bracelet. Game pieces are fun and add a unique and playful flair to fashion- in little bits of course, too much of anything is overwhelming.

My fiance found this bracelet some time ago (he has a great eye) and I love mixing it in with my style. Its rather large and its bold colors and contrast truly stand out.

People constantly ask me if I play mahjong- and I don't, don't even know where to begin on the game, but I do love the pieces.

Here's another game piece turned jewelry accessory- the Jack of Hearts.

This one is more subtle and still has an elegant feel to it. I find it fun to blend it with my more delicate gold pieces and let the character in the center make its subtle appearance.

Jack, King, even Queen I suppose if you wanted to, but I think it looks most like the Jack to me. Its really quite fun. After having found these I tend to keep an open eye for more.

Let me know what you find as well- I love to see creative new twists on fashion, and often times subtle out of place appearances are key, as in this case it is all a game.

No comments: