BEAUTIFUL SEARCHES

Welcome! You are just in time for the official move to www.prettyandfabulous.com !


I am very excited to bring you the latest now from my very own site. The move will be a quick one, but in the meantime you can watch as the updates flow in at full speed.

Now is a great time to see the posts you may have missed as well as to be ready for the new ones to come! (the latest in updates have already begun!)

See you there soon ;)

Pretty And Fabulous

Pretty And Fabulous
Follow Me Over To Pretty And Fabulous!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cheesecake For The Chic

I love cheesecake, and I like my cheesecake to taste like cheesecake- not ruined with so many unnecessary ingredients and flavors that the taste and texture are gone. On that note- New York style has always been the one for me.

If I want chocolate, I will go for a chocolate cake or brownie or other chocolate welcoming dessert. If I want strawberries or blueberries I will then look for a tart or shortcake or other fruit friendly dessert. But when I want cheesecake- I want the quality to hold up to its name.

Don't get me wrong-I like a flavored cheesecake from time to time, but only few have worked (consistently, one in a million doesn't do it for me).

Pumpkin cheesecake is a whole other animal- and I do love it. The cinnamon and nutmeg are strong overpowering flavors, but it is one I don't mind for this dessert. Mostly because the texture holds well to it and compliments it as a whole.

Key Lime I adore in most anything, and cheesecake is no exception. I am speaking of course of the true key lime, none of this neon ill colored green foolishness. Please, who keeps allowing this nonsense! Lemon works well, too. Its subtle and gives a lovely tartness-cheesecake should never be overly sweet.

Honey, Lemon Curd, Creme Fraiche, Mascarpone, and Vanilla Bean are friendly ingredients that I think will still stand to this dessert. But never multiples or over mixed combinations- simple is best. Epicurious.com has some simple recipies.

If you ever come across it or get the chance, my favorite of all favorites is an Alsace Farm Cheesecake- Oh yum! The cheese from Alsace has a distinctive taste that is so divine and delicious in this dessert.

Much love and delicious cheesecakes, xx

No comments: